Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!



This year, 2015, will be a big year for me. Four years ago I started a personal blog named “There’s Hope for Me Yet.” I was working in an office, married but without children, and desperately searching for my “calling.” Shortly after starting that blog, I unexpectedly got pregnant with our first child, Ethan. On the blog, I said “this is it! This is what I’ve been searching for!” and I was right… for the most part. But when Ethan was a year old, I finally began to realize another dream I had since my undergraduate days at Texas A&M – to become a Christian counselor.
 
This realization occurred in the fall of 2012, and I began my Masters in Counseling at LeTourneau University to achieve this goal shortly thereafter. While completing my degree, we’ve had another son, and we’ve moved across Houston. Now, after hours and hours of reading, writing, and studying, I’m finishing my last two semesters of graduate school in the practicum stage of the program. Martin Counseling, with its focus on improving the health of individuals and the dynamics of the family, is an ideal place for me to finish this portion of my program, and I’m incredible excited to be part of the important work here.

So, when the ball dropped at midnight last night, I was full of excitement and energy about the upcoming year. 2015 will be a great year for me because I get to finally fulfill my professional goal of helping others who are suffering to find resolution or peace through scientific-based psychological methods but the underlying foundation of God’s grace, mercy, and love.

So, let’s start this new year together! Accomplishing goals, facing fears, and finding hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment